Quartz: The Most Abundant Gemstone
One of the most abundant gemstone available in the world, Quartz can be recognized in many different forms, from: Amethyst, to Citrines, to Rose Quartz and even the colorless Rock Crystals. Quartz is one of those gemstones that have multiple colour variations, sometimes known by different names as stated above.
Even though Quartz is more abundantly available than many other gemstones, it carries value by the multiple ways its presented. People tend to buy gemstones in the forms of, the traditional jewellery cuts, decoratively within split geodes or even sometimes in its rough forms. Some perceive the rough form of quartz to be very beautiful, and others believe in it mystical healing properties.
Quartz has been considered a gemstone that is capable of emitting healing energies. It has been claimed that it can aid emotional, spiritual and even physical wounds. In fact, there is even significance to dreaming of quartz, they say that it could symbolize freedom from turmoil and even new beginning.
Major Quartz Varieties Include:
- Rock Crystal - is pure, clear Quartz
- Amethyst - the purple variety
- Ametrine - a combination of Amethyst and Citrine
- Aventurine - be green, blue or reddish-brown with a metallic iridescence
- Blue Quartz – the blue variety
- Citrine - golden yellow variety
- Rose Quartz – the pink variety
- Prase - the leek-green variety
- Prasiolite – the main Green variety
- Smoky Quartz – the brown variety
There are other varieties of Quartz that are also known but are slightly different than the above gemstones. These are known as the aggregate varieties of quartz, which mean multiple minerals formed together and blend into one type ore. Some examples of this would be: